For the Indian Wedding Saree, no other fabric could compete silk. Silk has an expensive, elegant look. It is the ultimate in sensuousness – the regal cloth and the garment of Queens. Silk symbolizes the essence of purity and represents the rich traditions of India.The best silk saree magically transforms a woman into a diva with a sublime mystique. This is why the Indian Silk Saree is often referred to as the bridal fabric. This is that one thing you will treasure for years, as a reminder of all the joys of your wedding. This is why it is important to select the best silk Wedding Saree.
Silk sarees from Kancheepuram are the finest in the world. Kancheepuram silk sarees are woven from high grade pure mulberry silk. These sarees are reputed for texture , luster and durability. The price depends on the quality of the silk and the zari work. Kancheepuram silks are known for their first quality zari.
Here are some tips to choose a silk saree.
- Always buy a silk saree from a reliable outlet.
- Decide on what type of silk to buy, light weight or heavy silk? Now there are many variants, some of which wont crease. A brocade silk saree comes with zari all over, not just pallu and border.
- Check the silk mark emblem in the saree. This ensures the originality of zari, which is made with gold or silver threads and silk.
- Check whether the price is reasonable. An original silk saree does not come cheap.
- Select a color according to your complexion and choice. Have a trial and find out if the color suits you. Let somebody take some photos of you to find out how the saree appears in photographs.
- Design is also important as it has to suit your body type. If you are short go for small and vertical designs. Tall brides can opt for big designs. If you are curvy, then it is better not to choose a saree with big designs.
- Check the whole saree and find out whether there are any damages.
Check out these pure silk wedding sarees.
Which saree did you like most?